Sunday, March 27, 2011


These fitted crib sheets turned out to be a lot easier to make than I anticipated. Both just took me a few hours this afternoon and I'm happy with how they turned out. I'm going to make a few more. Btw, folding fitted sheets into perfect squares is ridiculous. I tried to follow Martha's instructions online and just got pissed doing it.

You can't see it from the photos but the fabrics are 100% cotton with little flocked dots on them, which I picked up from JoAnn's with my 40% off coupons. They had one with pink dots which were a bad pink (too bubblegum), and white dots which were barely perceptible, and these grayish blue and black dots which are more my style. I love the soft texture they add to them.

I also did a modification on the changing pads I made after thinking about them a bit. The ties were a little impractical, I think Jeff might struggle with tying little bows (especially while holding a squirming baby!), so I cut off the ribbons and sewed on a loop of elastic to go over a glass flower button to secure it closed. Much easier!

No comments: