Friday, May 7, 2010

Paella party!

Our friends from San Jose are in town visiting for a few days and we planned to have some friends over for dinner when they were here, not realizing they had already made plans in LA. Ah well, a couple less but still a nice little LB group to break in the dining room. I made a vegetarian paella with eggplant, bell pepper, spinach and a ton of spices, with an arugula salad and focaccia. And of course wine. Everyone thoughtfully brought a bottle so it was perfect! I didn't get the paella crust on the bottom which was disappointing (I was scared of ruining our All-Clad paella pan! I ruined a much cheaper version of that pan by doing the same thing before, so someone needs to give me some tips) but it still turned out pretty yummy.



Thanks for coming over guys! I think the next dinner party might be a repeat of Soul Night. The last one was awesome and we only got to do a fraction of the dishes we brainstormed for it. Plus we want those Bullet Bourbon and Peach Snapple Iced Tea cocktails Jan concocted again!

1 comment:

Jerod said...

I'm at a library in Malmo scratching at a computer screen! As much for my wife and friends as for that paella, no more leverpostej and pickles for me please!!