Monday, April 4, 2011

Lily Mae


Our sweet baby Lily Mae passed away today and our hearts are so heavy with missing her already. She was 14 (we think) and died quickly of a heart attack probably due to cancer that was hidden in her little body. I'm so thankful it was a quick death, and with little pain, and that both Jeff and I were there for her in her last moments.

I found her on the California Siamese Rescue website under the "special needs" section and adopted her within days with my dear friend Brooke. She came to us as "Baby Karen" which we quickly changed to Lily Mae, the name of one of my favorite Alzheimer's patients from work. I had her for a little over 7 years and loved her and appreciated her for all the wonderful little qualities and quirks she had. She was such a sweet kitty to me, and sometimes to Jeff, and gave us many good and happy memories. We'll always remember her as our first baby, and will miss her terribly.

It was sad and heart wrenching, but happy and cathartic also to put together this album of her pictures with captions. She was such a beautiful kitty.

Lily Mae

8 comments:

Diana said...

Sweet Lily Mae...We loved you too. You were a most beautiful, dear kitty and we'll remember you always.
Marmie and Gramps.

Nikki Menda said...

Oh Liv. I'm so, so so, sorry. Losing a pet is gut wrenching and heart breaking. Pets enrich our lives and become such an intense part of our family. I know how much you and Jeff loved Lily Mae, and I'm quite certain that she loved you so, so much too. My sincerest condolences to you and Jeff! Love you guys.

Jamie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Lily Mae. She seemed like such a sweet kitty, I'm happy she brought such joy to your lives. Chris and my thoughts are with you guys.

Heidi Powers said...

The time we have with them is so wonderful-and she was just as lucky to have two such understanding and loving parents. Many do not have that blessing. Today I'm rejoicing for her furry four legged life, for the happiness and beauty she represented, and that she is cuddled up in an angel's lap waiting till she sees you both again.

love Heidi and Kurt.

Kayteedids Couture said...

Oh Liv! I am so sorry to hear about Lily Mae! Big hugs to you both!

Henry Miller said...

Oh no! Liv, I'm so sorry! Losing a pet is the worst. I'm so glad you got to be by her side. Big hugs to you!

Liv said...

thanks so much for all the sweet comments everyone. they're getting me through all this, especially since i'm not allowed to get drunk. the ice cream is helping too. hug and nuzzle all your furbabies for me.

DawnMarie said...

I have been MIA and just came on to catch up. I cannot express how sad I was to see this post. Certainly unexpected. I am so very sorry for your loss. She was certainly loved and a part of your family. That was very clear. A beautiful soul. Again, I am so very sorry.