Sunday, April 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Mandy!

It's Mandy's birthday today!! But we celebrated on Friday with a taco party! Crum was there.


The birthday girl and all our taco toppings.



It was their first dinner party on their new dining table which was awesome. They mounted an old door on two vintage iron Singer sewing table bases, and then epoxied the top, letting it drip down the sides. It was fun to spin the wheel while eating dinner.


Which was fantastic. Observe:


Mandy was more adventurous with her toppings:


I was in charge of dessert and I made Flan de Coco (coconut flan for you gringos) but then I got stage fright and didn't want to flip the flan in front of everyone. My dad was there though and he really wanted the flan so he stepped in and did the dirty work.


Splash! Oopsies. Too much caramel. Noted, and I will reduce with the next flan.


It was good though! Nice and creamy and just the right firmness.


Happy birthday Manders!

No comments: