Monday, April 25, 2011

Baby quilt and yucky diaper bag

A few more projects I finished up tonight (I'm productive when my sewing room isn't overtaken by Be@rbrick boxes!):


I wanted to do something special with this fabric because it's my favorite, and works so well with the "color story" I have going on for the nursery. The peachy pink, black, and light gray are perfect. It's called Ele-fete from Cloud 9 fabrics and is made from an organic cotton. It's a small crib quilt with bamboo batting and backed with a super soft polka dot flannel.


It's kind of hard to tell but I brought in the turquoise/mint color in the quilted ties that bind the three fabrics together. Cozy.


This little drawstring bag is made with a waterproof gold pleather lining fabric so it can hold dirty cloth diapers after a change on the go.



I was thinking the shiny gold would distract from the baby crap it will contain. Yucky things are made more tolerable with pretty fabrics.

2 comments:

My Funny Little Frog said...

Where do you get your fabrics? They are really awesome.

Liv said...

Thank you! I'm a fabric hoarder. The gold pleather and the flannel polka dot fabric in this post came from JoAnn's, the Cloud 9 fabric came from cedarhousefabrics.com, and the vintage floral fabric came from one of my favorite etsy shops for fabric called Whimsiedots. She has great vintage sheeting fabric for reasonable prices.

Matatabi on etsy also has really great fabric (I'm dying right now over those Nani Iro fabrics), PollyDangerNotions on etsy for rad bias tape and buttons, and my splurges are usually from Purlsoho.com. Hope that helps!