Monday, April 11, 2011

I am a sewing Ma-Cheen.

The latest sewing-for-baby projects:


I made these little baskets from the vinyl tablecloths I used to protect our upholstered furniture and bedding from Lily Mae's puke rampages, and a soft mint green cotton. Not sure yet what I'll use them for but I'm a fan of compartmentalization so I'm sure they come in handy somewhere in the nursery.


These washcloths are part one of a sewing project I'm working on now. I'm making hooded towels that match to wrap the baby up in after her baths. I'm using the tutorial you can find here on the Purl Bee. They're easy to make and I was hoping to finish last night but my back was killing me and leaning over the sewing machine just wasn't working out.


These bibs I made with the leftover fabrics I used on the burp cloths. Soft terry on one side and vintage printed floral sheets on the other. I was excited to finally use my cute pearl snaps too. The tutorial for these guys (super easy to make) are also from the Purl Bee here. The front pink one looks all crooked on the bottom I'm noticing now. I think it was just bent up weird in the photo because it's a nice smooth curve like the others. I'm getting better, I swear!

6 comments:

Kate said...

You need to stop sewing so that your friends who sew can make your sweet baby things too!!! wink wink

Sue Blanchard said...

oh my God...these are so CUTE! y'know....you could make some nice lil cash on Etsy with these (and the burpees). if you didn't have a baby coming that needed them, that is. :-)

Liv said...

There can NEVER be too many handmade lovelies for the baby. :) you guys are so sweet!

Henry Miller said...

Very cute!!!

I probably shouldn't show you this link, but ....

http://www.tadashop.com/checkout/p/165543

Diana said...

Everything is so retro-pretty! The vinyl tablecloth would have been ideal to make wee-wee pads. I used them so much with you two, especially when I was nursing. You know, the waterworks start as soon as their first swallow, and it's nice to have something waterproof between your lap and them. Also, for when people hold them. Make some, you'll like them!

Liv said...

Ooh yeah, good idea Mom! I have PLENTY of Lily Mae's puke fabric leftover so I'll bust a few of those out.