Sunday, January 9, 2011

A request from Psychoboy...

Someone posted a comment on our AT house tour asking for pictures of the painting Jan did of Dolores O'Riordan that was listed in the resources but didn't make it into the actual house tour photo selection. Here you go Psychoboy!


This is in my sewing room, and the cabinet is a vintage lab cabinet from the University of California that I found at a thrift shop in San Pedro. The donkey bank came from Tijuana, the lamp is an old Martha Stewart lamp (from the 90's), and the two paintings were done by my brother back in high school I think. I always liked them and asked if I could have them when I moved out and they've come with me to every house I've lived in.


Here's a wider shot of the full cabinet and my mess of finished sewing projects with no home. I forgot who did the little monster painting. I'll ask Jeff when he comes back and will update this later with the artist's name. And here's an up close of the O'Riordan painting. She's in an Absolut bottle that Jan not-so-secretly snuck his name into.

3 comments:

pamuchin said...

awww beautiful!

dolitsa said...

this is GREAT GREAT i so love it and i admire you for doing this.
thanks for sharing...and thanks psychoboy requesting it. we were looking for it in all the pics

psychoboy said...

I was right. There is just something about the image of Dolores that mixes so beautifully with art. Something so natural. Something that I think another artist like Cher does not have. (although, Cher does rock!) Dolitsa is right about how we were searching. We looked at every inch of all your photos, even of the rooms outside the sewing room, lol. I seem to even know your house so well, I actually feel like I've even been there. Thanks for allowing us this magnificent view of Dolores in a painting. This is by far the most spectacular painting of dolores I've ever seen., Bravo...and I love what you did with your house ;) Jan's the man!