Thursday, September 2, 2010

Stockholm!

We made it to Sweden! We took the later train to Stockholm today and arrived around 9:30, where my lovely cousin Johanna met us at the station to take us to Brendan and Evah's apartment. It was SO fun seeing her, I think the last time was when I was here with my dad about 10 years ago. Oh how time flies...

Brendan and Evah's place is so adorable! It's a total throwback, Johanna said it was like their apartment she lived in when she was little, like 20 years ago. Super comfy and it feels nice to be in a home instead of a hotel. AND THEY HAVE A KITTY!!! His name is Jalapeno. He's super loving and friendly and is my new best friend. And there was puke to clean up when we came in! I feel right at home.

Here's Jalapeno. Jeff gave him a couple crunchies out of his automated crunchy feeder because Jeff can't resist feeding an animal, and he went nuts. Here he is lingering by it in the hopes of getting more.



I love their vintage sheet duvet cover. Note to self- find out where Evah is doing her Swedish thrifting...


Wallpaper on the ceiling!! Genius. I want to do this in our bedroom. Awesome light fixture too.


Jeff did this drawing of Jalapeno back when he was a kitten. Sweet that they had it hanging up!


We're off to Mora bright and early tomorrow morning to meet up with Sean and Gretchen (also in Sweden!! What a small world...) to go to the Anders Zorn museum, which Jeff is dying to see. Should be fun! Minus the whole "getting up at 7:00 am" thing...

1 comment:

ET said...

As you would expect, I have been waiting to see if you would make at least a small posting so we could see whether you arrived safely in Stockholm. But I thought you might have arrived too late and we would not see anything until tomorrow. But, as always, you don't fail your "fan club" -- and I am, of course, the president of this club..:-)

Enjoy Stockholm and hugs and kisses to my sister and everyone.