Tuesday, April 21, 2009

A day to remember

Today is the one year mark of Scott's passing. It's hard for us to believe it's been a year already, and that we've done the "year of firsts". Jeff and I are taking the day off today, to go down to Newport and have lunch at our favorite Mexican place, a beer at a restaurant Jeff and his dad went to when he came down to visit one time, and then to see Coraline at the dollar theater. We've both been wanting to see that.

I think Scott's up there rigging the weather, because it's a gorgeous day. Cooler than yesterday thankfully and the beach will be perfect.

We miss you Dad.

1 comment:

Nikki Menda said...

I just teared up. For some reason I was thinking it was on the 24th. I hope you both had a good day. It sounds like you made the best out of it!