Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Birdie the Cat

I made this on Sunday with some of my new felt and gingham fabric from IKEA. It's a free pattern from Amy Butler, she has a ton of them on her website- both sewing patterns and craft patterns. I used her fabric leaves idea to make all of those fabric scrap flowers for our wedding. You can check out the patterns on her website: www.amybutlerdesign.com

I wasn't too thrilled with how it turned out (which is why I have sewn up that leg yet- might still pull out the bamboo stuffing and use it for another), not because of the pattern but because of my fabric choices. I think I should have done the light blue flannel for the back of the kitty and the gingham for the front. I think the face would stick out better that way. Ah well, lesson learned.

No comments: