Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Painted vintage things

Jeff spruced up a few of our childhood toys that we picked up from our parents houses when we were up in San Jose last. His mom saved his wooden rocking horse (who I'm naming Pokey) and Jeff kept his original colors and spots, freshening them up. I also cut new ears for Pokey out of a pink leather I had in my stash and he painted Pokey's eyelids to match. I still need to make a new tail out of yarn, I'm going to go fluffy.


Then from my parent's house, we picked up my old kitty coatrack. I remember going to the craft fair with my parents and seeing it and begging for it. They had a bunch of them but of course I wanted the pink one with the cat on it. It used to be a white cat that Jeff thought was a pig because it had a pink nose that looked more like a snout and no tail. So guess what type of cat I requested him to change it to?? Yeah, duh.



So cute! It's like Lily Mae. And I love her new tail. Much better. It'll be fun to hang Elsa's cute little outfits on it, and when she gets old enough to pick out her own clothes, I can hang several Liv-approved options for her to choose from on this rack. Yeah, I'm going to be one of those moms.

1 comment:

Nikki Menda said...

I have a rocking horse that looks just like that! Except it's just plain brown and yellow :) I'm loving your coat rack and the homage to Lily Mae!