Tuesday, June 14, 2011

She'll have something to sleep on now!

The crib mattress came! Now the moms can stop worrying about our jokingly ascetic crib set-up we had going on for awhile. This baby is plush. Yet super firm which apparently is very important if you want your newborn to not die of SIDS. Memory foam toppers + Liv = a good night of sleep. Memory foam toppers + newborn baby = death. At least that's what my books say. So firm we went. And organic, because I believe in that stuff. We bought the Naturepedic Organic crib mattress because of all the 5 star reviews, and I'm happy with it so far. It fits the Sniglar snugly, and is water(pee)proof so that's great.


And yay! The sheets I sewed for it fit! I'm good at measurements. The mattress looks like it's up super high though. I know newborns can't stand up and jump out of the crib, but does this look normal? Should she be that close to the top of the rails? And is sleepy sound machine sheep okay where he is, or should he be moved down to underneath the level of the mattress? These are things they don't cover in my books.


See how much better the shelf looks in black? Everything pops off of it more now, and it coordinates with the dresser. Too many furniture finishes and colors going on before. Speaking of too much, I realize the shelf has a lot going on with it. Things will be edited down once I have more room to play with stuff.


I ordered all of the frames for the artwork that will soon be going up on the walls, and I can't wait to get them. I'm really excited about what we chose to hang up on the walls so far. She's going to have lots of fun stuff to look at.

No comments: