Tuesday, February 22, 2011

White bean chili


This is such a good recipe I feel like it should be shared with the internets. And it's perfect for cold weather, and is awesome for leftovers so we usually make big batches. It comes from my mom again, she's kind of a soup guru. I made this chili last night for our friends Gina, Brian, Bill and Tom, who are kind of foodies, and they loved it so it must be good.

White Bean Chili:
2 large green bell peppers
4-5 cloves of garlic
1 large bunch of green onions
3 TBS olive oil
4 cans of small white beans (I like the S&W brand)
2 cans of vegetable broth (Swanson's is my favorite, the TJ one sucks)
1 12 oz jar of La Victoria Salsa Verde
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano

Saute the bell peppers (cut into strips), garlic, and chopped green onions in the olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes. Add the spices, beans, broth, and full jar of salsa and mix it up. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer on low for 35 minutes. Serve with cornbread and Beano. Enjoy!

1 comment:

ET said...

I was very pleased to see you made my favorite soup for Tom, as I am big fan of his work, and recently listened to (another) podcast of him speaking at Metanomics about virtual worlds. Got to meet him one of these days when I am down in Long Beach. He sounds like a great guy and does awesome work.