Tuesday, February 1, 2011

New camera!

FedEx brought us a fun little package today... a new camera! A wonderful little surprise gift from my parents. My dad was upgrading his own point-and-shoot and found an awesome deal at Costco on the Casio Exilim EX-S200 and decided to pick us up one too! It's about twice as cool as my Canon p&s, with 14.1 megapixels and a 4 GB memory card which is double what I'm used to. There is also a "makeup mode" that will smooth out all of Jeff's acne (just kidding, I don't think I've ever seen him with a zit. Jerk.) and a YouTube capture mode for making videos with ideal upload settings, so expect a whole bunch more Lily Mae puking videos. Or not.

Here are some test shots of my favorite furry model:


The one above was with no flash, and no iPhoto enhancements. The one below is with the "soft flash" feature and no iPhoto enhancements other than blacking out the devil eyes flashes give LM.


These chairs are her new favorite spot in the house. Until this week, I've never seen her on these chairs that we've had for years. Now she won't get off of them. Even at bedtime! Such a weirdo. Thank God they're wipeable.


This blanket is the only thing that pulls her away from the dining chairs. The waterproof puke cover comes off the couch and the soft white blanket comes out and she's on it like puke on hardwood. Or white on rice. Whatever.


I can't wait to play around more with all these new features and see if my photography skills improve. I'm going to have a pretty important subject to capture in five months so I'm going to need to get my practice on! Thanks again Dad and Mom!!

No comments: