August 7th, 2007- That's the date this whole blog baby got started. With this post, alerting the internet that Jeff and I were starting a wedding blog. HA! Jeff participated for about 4 minutes and then I took it over. Naturally. Jeff is not what we call a "wordsmith." To be fair, he did at least one post all by himself, titled "My Brohans" introducing his side of the wedding party.
Some notable posts from the wedding portion of the blog:
- Our engagement story, a nail-biting adventure where I almost chucked a Christian Dior diamond ring down a NYC sewer grate. Spoiler alert- I said yes!
- We had a poll for our wedding mascot, my first use of a blog "widget". The leopard was a front-runner for a while until Jeff rigged the voting and suddenly the Yeti became the winner. Which is why we had a 7 foot Yeti in lederhosen at our wedding.
- We chose the song I was to walk down the aisle to, Heartbeats by Jose Gonzalez, probably the only song Jeff and I can both call one of our favorites (he likes a lot of ambient crap).
- We took our engagement photos.
- Our tragic loss.
- Mandy and Seth scooped us on the earlier wedding and got married in Santa Cruz on May 3rd.
- We debuted our Wedding Crest.
- Sean and Gretchen also got married!
- And then our turn! We got hitched.
# of posts in 2012: 147
# of posts in 2013: 70
# of posts in 2014 (thus far): 1
Making this... My 995th post!! And you all complain about how I never blahg anymore. Just go back and read the other 994 if you're that bored.
Some other fun facts:
- My blog has been visited 139, 829 times (as of right now).
- The post with the most page views (6936) was Baby Shower #2, thanks to my very controversial fetus cake that Jana made for me.
- Second runner up with 4640 views was my post on my Kanken backpack which we used as Elsa's diaper bag up until it was stolen last month out of our car. Bah!
- Third runner up with 4501 views was about how I wanted Alexa Chung's hair color and cut. I never quite achieved it, sadly.