Sunday, March 4, 2012

Things I want to make.

Do you know what day it is? It's Coupon Commotion Day at JoAnn's!! Hide the baby, Momma's got some crafting to do. Mandy and I are going and stocking up.

I realized this week that we don't have very many throw pillows. Elsa is still a little wobbly sitting up on her own so I like to plop her on a blanket with toys and build a pillow fence around her in case she topples over. With my 40% off coupons, I'll buy several pillow forms and sew up some cute ones. I'll post pictures when I'm done, but I want to copy at least this one, spotted on Kenziepoo.


The pom pom mane kills me. Love it.

This little dress spotted on Oh Joy's pinterest board is another idea to borrow from. I like the little scarf bow sewn into the sleeve seams. Good way to bring in a pretty fabric and have a built in spit rag!

I love this tote from Fabric & Handle, and while I hate stealing ideas, it's hard to rationalize spending money on something I don't really need when I might be able to make it myself. I have that gingham fabric from IKEA that would be perfect, and I think it'd be pretty easy to sew up. The adjustable snap handles will be a good challenge for me.


I already emailed my mom about this one. I think it'd be a great collaboration for us. I'll sew up the striped flannel receiving blankets, and she can crochet that beautiful edge. From the Purl Bee.


Did I mention I'm throwing Mandy's baby shower here in April? Dia De Los Bebes themed?? That deserves a post in and of itself. I'll start working on that. I've been saving our coffee cans and baby food jars for flower vessels for the shower, and I want to do this to the cans:


And this to the baby food jars:


So much crafting, so little time!

No comments: