Wednesday, November 10, 2010

I'm thankful for a reason to have a party.

Thanksgiving is going to be awesome this year! I don't have to share it with my birthday this year (everyone can celebrate me the day after) and we're going to have a full house for our feast! It'll be potluck style but I can't help but pull a jillion recipes that I want to make. Sunset magazine made it easy, all of these recipes are on their website:

Artichoke Parmesan Sourdough Stuffing (a step up from my beloved Stove-Top, minus those scary mushrooms which is decidedly a step down from my beloved Stove-Top):


Warm brussel sprout leaves with toasted garlic and lemon:


Roasted cauliflower with capers:


Pearl onion and celery stuffing with juniper and garlic (because you can never have too much stuffing. EVER.):

 Overnight soft herb rolls:


Green onion smashed potatoes (although I'll have to come up with a Jan-friendly substitute for the green onions...):


Radicchio salad with citrus, dates, almonds, and parmesan:


Chili-glazed sweet potatoes:


And I guess we're having a turkey (a happy free range one). Seth's dad is going to BBQ it for us! Mandy will be in charge of her green bean casserole and pie, and Karen is all over the corn pudding. Jeff will help me cook and my mom will supervise. Dad will probably be drinking our Bulleit again and watching football. I can't wait!!

1 comment:

Diana said...

It all sounds delish! I can cook too so that you and Jeff don't have to work so much. I'm thinking--I know, it's not my party...that maybe there are too many dishes on the menu. Make it easier on yourself and have plenty of time to relax and enjoy the company. I'm also a good dishwasher! I won't break too many dishes...have an apron ready for me. We can't wait!