Sunday, November 28, 2010

Happy Sankgibbing!

I'm back! My parents are down south visiting and they are major time sucks. Always wanting attention, it's very tiring. Just kidding, it's been so lovely. We're calling my mom Esmeralda because she won't stop cleaning and my dad is also quite useful in the garage (that post to come later).

My mom was also super helpful on Thanksgiving and we had a lovely dinner here. We almost had a humongous one with the Haak's but we decided to split them up into two dinners because our dining room can't hold that many! We ended up with 9 and a half (Henry didn't take up a Danish modern chair, he had a chair with vice grips attached on our table so he counts as a half-guest).


The day started with BBQ'd oysters! Jake and Jenny brought over a bunch of awesome oysters and throwed them on barbie. They were sooo good! 




Mandy made a beautiful arrangement for her table, I got lazy and chopped bunches of bolted basil from the garden and put them on the table. They smelled good though!


Mark and Karen brought the turkey (a happy free-range organic one!) and, I'm a little embarrassed to say, it was SO good. Yep, over 9 years vegetarian and I've been able to resist turkey on Thanksgiving for this long, but it smelled so good and it made me feel better that it was a happy turkey. Ah well!


Someone was upset he wasn't given a Danish modern chair to sit in... I don't blame him.


That's my Mac n' Mad Cheddah Jake is making a face at. It was a bit dry. JUST EAT IT!


My mom was in charge of saying grace this year and had a nice one that she memorized. "Lord, You that have given us so much, give us one thing more: A grateful heart. To those who hunger give bread and to those who have bread, give the hunger for justice." Amen!


Happy Thanksgiving friends and family! Jeff and I are very thankful for all of you and wish we could have crammed you all in our dining room.

1 comment:

Nikki Menda said...

Your mom's toast beats my nonni's favorite toast on the nice meter - "here's to those who wish us well, and those who don't can go to hell."
:) Glad you had a great Thanksgiving & great bday!! Your year will be a-mazing, I just know it!