Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Out sick...

I woke up feeling terrible this morning. I kind of had a feeling I would because I went to bed with a soreness in the back of my throat and it went full throttle overnight. I was pretty pathetic, mostly because our room dropped to about 38 degrees overnight, but luckily best husband in the world stepped up, snapped on the space heater and got me everything I needed from the store for a sick day in- orange juice, spicy soups, chloraseptic, and cough drops. I felt much better by midday which was good because I got called in to the hospital for an MRI scan that needed to be done ASAP. Besides that hour of work, I've been holed up in bed with a ton of blankets piled on top of me (and Lily Mae of course) reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown that I finally came up on the library wait list for. It's sooo good, I started it this morning and I'm on page 144 already. I also finished up a bag that I've been sewing in my sweatshop next door. I think it came out pretty cute. Fashion show!!
I look like something Lily yacked up right now so I had my ever willing husband model the goods. He's into it.
This bag pattern is a tried and true, from Lotta Jansdotter's book Simple Sewing. I made it from some old denim and the IKEA canvas ginghams I love so much. It's really sturdy on its own, I didn't have to put in plastic panels or anything for structure.
I told Jeff to act natural in this photo, to pretend that he was just out shopping with the girls. This is what he gave me. Fierce!
I made the same bag pattern as the one above but with much floppier linen fabrics. I love the linen so much but I don't think it works as well for this pattern. I sewed in a plastic bottom to give it a little structure, but now I'm debating sewing in plastic side panels as well. We'll see.
This inevitably happens. I pull out my drawers of washed and neatly pressed and folded fabrics to start a project and Lily Mae's sensor shoots right up and she comes poking in and curling up. I don't have the heart to shoo her away so I let her sleep and then I lint-roll up all her fur when she's done. I'm a sucker for the furry ones.


Biggest Loser season finale is on tonight!! You know what that means... S'mores!!!

2 comments:

Nikki Menda said...

Feel better!! Is the villain in The Lost Symbol not the SCARIEST villain ever?!

Liv said...

YES! Holy cow, I can't wait to see who they get to play him in the big screen adaptation!