Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Welcome little Kaylee!


Our friend (and Mandy's sister) Kate just had her baby Kaylee at the end of June! Congratulations Kate and John! She's a little cutie...

I tried using my level 4 sewing skills to make Kaylee a little baby blanket with handsewn quilt binding but I screwed up the mitered corners. Dang mitered corners!! I couldn't fix them nicely so I gave the blanket to Lily Mae as a soft place for her to lay on her vinyl bedspread. She crapped on it. It was her way of letting me know she will not tolerate hand-me-downs with sewing mistakes. I should have known.

So Etsy to the rescue! I went to the same place I got Henry's chew toy hippo, Little Alouette and found that they have added even more adorable designs. I went with the T-Rex for Kaylee, but the giraffe was a close second.

1 comment:

Nikki Menda said...

This post made me smile. Thank you...I needed it. Thank you, also, for your kind words! It meant a lot.