Sunday, January 10, 2010



I've been working a ton recently over the holiday break and the first few weeks of the new year on a grant proposal for a four-year project on major depressive disorder. I had to work all day yesterday and today and I'm pretty wiped. It has to go in this Tuesday but then next Monday we're hosting our annual Imaging Genetics Conference that I coordinate so I won't really get a break until the 20th. Ugh! When I work a lot of long days, I like to treat myself to a fun splurge to make it feel worthwhile for putting in so many work hours. FinnStyle is having a Marimekko sale and I love this PVC coated printed fabric. It's pricey ($41.60), even on sale, but it's a really wide bolt so you get a 59"x36" piece for that price. I'd love to make a laptop bag out of this.

On the plus side of working long hours, I'm relaxing now on the couch with a glass of wine while Jeff makes me dinner and let's me watch my stories. :)

1 comment:

Nikki Menda said...

That's so funny about Christmas - Christy didn't say anything to me about that, so I'm thinking she didn't catch on :) I was totally bummed about not getting to see you two over Christmas! Good luck with all your hard work :)