Sunday, December 19, 2010

We have the Christmas Spirit.


We're not winning any awards this year with our Christmas decorations (and believe me, awards were to be won on Daisy Avenue), but we wanted to be a little festive and put up bright little LED light strings in our front windows. Twinkly! Jeff has grand plans for a 40 ft. tall inflatable Yeti (what else?) for the front lawn next year so maybe we'll win the $25 Buono's gift certificate in 2011. We decided not to do a Christmas tree this year (or sticks) so I made a wreath for the fireplace instead.


I cut out some circles of leftover felt and gold pleather, pinned them and wired them to my quilting hoop. Easy-peasy and oh-so-modern. Next year I want a real pine wreath though. I miss that smell in the house around the holidays. Yay for Crismis!

No comments: