Saturday, April 17, 2010

The kitchen- Part 1

While Jeff and Jerod worked on the den flooring, I washed about 24 loads in the dishwasher and tidied up the kitchen. We have this odd narrow space in between the wall and the range and I discovered our IKEA table fit perfectly into the space. It's perfect for having the spices and oils and cooking utensils close to the stove, and storage for some pots below. We installed a hanging rack (using heavy duty drywall anchors) for the rest of the pots and pans and I'm happy with how it turned out.

We were going to paint the kitchen walls a light gray because we thought the kitchen was too white, but then I forgot and hung the pot rack and came up with a radical new plan to paint the den gray instead. I think with the giant chalkboard I found (I love you Craigslist!), some art on the walls, and some colorful kitchen towels we won't mind the all white kitchen anymore. For a few weeks. Then I'll probably get the urge to paint. 

No comments: